VALIDITY OF THESE CONDITIONS: Edición 2020 del Premio.
V ‘TRANSFIERE FORUM’ JOURNALISM AWARD REGULATIONS
The ninth edition of TRANSFIERE, European Forum for Science, Technology and Innovation, which will be held on February 12nd and 13rd, 2019 at the Trade Fairs and Congress Center of Malaga (Spain), convene the V ‘Transfiere Forum’ Journalism Award in order to support the Scientific, Technological and Innovative awareness, with the aim of putting in value the work carried out by journalists and scientific authors to publicize the technological innovation developed in Spain and its international convergence.
This Award is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The ‘Transfiere Forum’ Journalism Award aims to reward the best media work published in the field of innovation and technology, and to recognise the work of journalists and scientific authors dedicated to it.
2. Submitted publications should deal with the technological innovation context within the framework of the main themes addressed by the forum: Public Administration and Public Purchase of Innovation, Aeronautics and Aerospace, Agri-food, Energy, Financial, Industry, Infrastructure and Transport, Environment, Spanish Technological Platforms, Health, Services and ICT’s. Works which do not comply with these criteria are not eligible and will be rejected.
3. Publications submitted for the competition must be signed and published in media outlets, press, radio, television and/or digital media during the course of 2019, and it may be written or spoken in Spanish and/or English. Only one work is allowed per person.
4. The call is open from October 31st to December 31st, 2019.
5. Two general categories are established for the evaluation of the publications received, differentiating between written and audio-visual works. In both, distinction will be made between mass media and specialized agencies.
6. Works published in the press, both paper edition or digital on the Internet that are submitted to the competition, must be presented in the same way as published, clearly showing the date and page number of the corresponding edition, as well as the author´s name. In case of digital format, it must be accompanied by a letter, signed by an official person of the media, certifying the authenticity and edition of the work. In addition, a PDF should be attached and, in case of texts published in digital media, a link must be provided. On the other hand, the works published in radio and/or television should be submitted in high quality mp4 format.
7. Publications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be accompanied by the following information:
•Name and surname, email address and phone number of the participant.
•Name of the media outlet where the work was published with the date and the edition of publication. Or, if applicable, name of the corresponding online and/or audio-visual media.
8. A return message from the organization containing an acknowledgement of receipt, will be submitted to the participants, but in no event, shall the organization be liable for any failure or delay in the transmission or receipt of publications and documents. Please, consult with the organization if you do not receive the acknowledgement.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per category, distinguishing between written and audio-visual works. Each one is valued at €3,000. (*)
10. The Jury may present a mention for each category in case of considering it and after agreeing it in the final evaluation meeting
11. As a newness in the 5th edition of the award, it will be granted, as long as the Jury agrees, a specific mention to an international media / article, published by Spanish disseminators in the European Union and Latin America; a mention and recognition of the track record of a program (audiovisual category), and / or a mention of the best article on Equality.
12. The Jury members are representatives from each of the following entities:
– Malaga City Council
– Trade Fairs and Congress Center of Malaga (FYCMA)
– Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities
– Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (OEPM)
– Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE)
– Spanish National Research Council (CSIC)
– Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI)
– Andalusia Regional Government through the Foundation Descubre and the Andalusian Agency of Knowledge
– Foundation Persán
– Andalusian Journalists Association in Malaga
– Representative of the passed edition of the ‘Transfiere Forum’ Journalism Award, celebrated in 2019
– Representative of the sponsoring entity (in the case the award will count with an official sponsor)
13. The members of the Jury will meet for deliberation in early February. Minutes shall be taken with the decision of the Jury board. The prize will be notified at the award ceremony which will take place at Transfiere Forum celebration -February 12nd and 13rd, 2020- in Málaga.
14. The organization will previously inform the three finalists of each categories in order they can organize travel arrangements to come to Málaga.
15. During the meeting, the Jury will evaluate the content of the work submitted taking into account, among others, the following criteria: Working sector dealing and related with the Forum’s themes, innovative of the topic dealt with, originality, clarity of exposition, dissemination of information, innovative themes, interest for the contents of the event, repercussion, etc… Purely Scientific works will be discarded. The Jury may award a mention for each category if considered and agreed upon the final evaluation meeting.
16. It will be discarded purely scientific content works
17. Selected finalist publications, so the winners, will be published on the website of TRANSFIERE www.forotransfiere.com, as well as on the profiles of Transfiere Social Networking.
18. The award ceremony will take place within the celebration of the seventh edition of TRANSFIERE, European Forum for Science, Technology and Innovation, held on February 12nd and 13rd , 2020 at the Trade Fairs and Congress Center of Malaga (FYCMA).
19. Participation in this competition assumes acceptance of these terms and conditions
(*) Subject to the deductions established by Law.